Shopping for insurance is never easy, but if you need insurance for your contractor business and you are a novice in the world of insurance policies, your task might feel overwhelming. To make it all easier for you, here are 5 things that you should know about:
- Important policies to have – the four types of contractor insurance Colorado policies that are essential for any contractor business are general liability, worker’s compensation, commercial auto and contractor’s equipment insurance;
- Supplementary policies and exclusions – if your specific activity entails special risks, you should find an insurance solution to cover you for those special risks, too. Be aware that any policy includes exclusions, too, so always read the proposed policy before signing it, that is the only way to have coverage for everything you need;
- Work with the right agent – choose an insurance broker or an agency, like APCO, that specializes in the types of insurance policies that you need, including not only the mandatory policies, but also the special coverage;
- Check the prices – not all insurers charge the same for their policies, so it is worth shopping around for a while and having a look at all your options before you pick your policies;
- Check the insurance carrier – work with an A-rated insurer that has been in the business for a long time.